"The way to know life is to love many things."

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Falisha's "dessert first" Bridal Shower

I'm back!

I have had lots of personal ups and downs since my last post. But I am ready to get back to blogging.

This next post was inspired by a past post. I bet you are all wondering what I did with those frames. Well, I've been using them for shower decorations!

My very dear friend Falisha, found the love of her life! I wanted to throw her a beautiful, classy, simple, bridal shower. I was low on funds but HAD to give my dearest friend the shower she's always wanted.

So after some brainstorming with another friend, Liz, I decided to make it a personal challenge to spend as little as possible while still staying with a simple format.

I thought, "What is my theme?"
Falisha and I had a tradition of always having dessert first every time we had a girls night out. So I had bought her a printed canvas for her new place that reads, 'Life is short, eat dessert first!"

Since Falisha is a particular eater I thought, "Dessert is the perfect theme!"

I knew a color scheme of rich browns, creams, and golds, would be ideal!

My friend Liz helped me make some paper crafts to hang and I thought, that empty wall needs something.

So I brought all those frames I had bought over a year ago....hung them up, along with the canvas print I had bought, and the rest is bridal shower history :)

Here's the final result!!

No comments:

Post a Comment