"The way to know life is to love many things."

Monday, April 25, 2011

Good deals....before

I had a discussion the other day with a good friend about how I don't just like things....I LOVE THEM! I just dive right into my hobbies and interests. I over-indulge on things that interest me. I don't know if it's a good quality to have but it never leaves me bored!

With that being said, I saw an article in my favorite magazine....Flea Market Style. Where they had up-cycled old picture frames into some pretty adorable wall art. Immediately I had a million ideas of what I could do if I found some old frames. I thought, "I will just see if I can find one."

I searched all week at the flea market, garage sales, and antique stores. I ended up spending $55 and this is what I came home with....

I wanted one and came home with 8 frames and 3 old windows. It's possible that I have a problem...ha ha. You know the term "my eyes were bigger than my stomach"? In this case "my eyes are getting bigger than my apartment." Stay tuned to see what I do with them!!


Also this weekend I went home to visit my family for Easter! I took my mom to my favorite place....Montgomery Street Antique Mall(DFW, Texas locals: exit Montgomery off of I-30). I was introduced to this place by Kathy(see previous posts). Kathy had bought me one of these and I decided I wanted the set....LOVE THEM....knew I would though!

These are spindles from a spinning wheel! You know like the spindle Sleeping Beauty pricked her finger on? These have been taken apart and made into taper candle holders! 




"My grandmother used it. My mother threw it out. I bought it."

Happy treasure-hunting!

-Amber-

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I have a frame problem too! I like em' old, new or used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the reason my background is frames! I have this problem with many things though....old crochet doilies, those pattern packages of tissue, votive candles, blank greeting cards and stationary. Fabric, mainly tulle. I can't just think something is interesting. I almost always just go overboard. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete